TACKLING THE RHINO PEAK CHALLENGE
On Saturday, 5 October, a small group of intrepid adventurers tackled the Rhino Peak Challenge, ascending the iconic Rhino Peak in the Southern Drakensberg to raise funds for rhinos, cranes and vultures.
This unique conservation fundraiser supports three beneficiaries – the EWT, Wildlife ACT, and Ezemvelo KZN Wildlife – all of whom are working tirelessly to protect the futures of these incredible species. This year, the event raised a whopping R834,000 in pledges! That’s double what was raised in 2018 (R383,938) and 2017 (R303,788). Our heartfelt thanks go to Spurgeon Flemington and the team from Running Man Adventures for their commitment to conservation and organising this event each year, to the runners for their willingness to take on this challenge, and to the people who made pledges in support of this wonderful fundraiser. Thanks also to Cape Union Mart and K-Way, who sponsored gear for our CEO, Yolan Friedmann. A special mention must also go to EWT field officer, Thabo Madlala, who was the first non-elite athlete home, with an impressive time of 3 hrs 27 minutes!
- Balwin gives back
- Unravelling the mysteries of Riverine Rabbit families
- To the rescue
- Successful facilitation leads to positive momentum for Cape Parrots
- Deploying new techniques to track lost species
- Celebrating World Rhino Day
- The shining stars of the EWT
- Happy holidays from the Endangered Wildlife Trust!
- Fodder growing puts a smile on the faces of women, saves Rugezi Marsh in Rwanda
- Winning the race against extinction
- A word from the CEO – November/ December 2019
- Christmas is closer than you think
- Balwin’s charity hat walk
- Farm planning prioritised in Prieska
- Signature Lux by ONOMO Hotel Sandton – a supporter of conservation
- A brilliant approach to conservation
- Going the extra mile
- Down to Earth
- Leaving a legacy
- Frogging Fun