LEAVING A LEGACY
The EWT relies on bequests both large and small to ensure that we continue fulfilling our vision of a healthy planet and an equitable world that values and sustains the diversity of all life. None of us can avoid the need to have an up-to-date will, ensuring that our last wishes are carried out and our legacy is continued in the way that we would choose. Including a bequest to an organisation like the EWT that you have supported in your lifetime, or that you would have liked to support, is a way to bring meaning and purpose to a life well-lived, and know that you have left the legacy of a better planet for future generations. We assure you that your legacy will make a lasting impact to the benefit of all who inhabit our beautiful country.
Your bequest will help us to…
- Empower communities to live and work in harmony with nature
- Increase safe space for Cheetahs and Wild Dogs in South Africa and beyond
- Conserve grasslands and wetlands to secure our critical water sources
- Ensure our iconic raptors remain in the skies
- Raise awareness and create connections between young people and their natural environment through our schools programmes, developing the guardians of the future
… and so much more!
Should you choose to remember the EWT in your will, you are not only helping the EWT to secure the futures of dozens of Endangered species for years to come, but you could also be providing tax benefits to your loved ones. Section 4(h) of the Estate Duty Act determines that bequests made to public benefit organisations such as the EWT should first be deducted from the nett value of your estate before estate duty is determined. This means that remembering the EWT in your will could exempt your estate from estate duty.
We are proud to be working with Capital Legacy to make leaving a legacy even easier. With a wealth of knowledge and expertise, Capital Legacy provides you with client-centric and excellence-driven service when it comes to drafting your Will, taking care of the administration of Trusts and administering your Estate in the event of your death. Capital Legacy are also the innovators of the Legacy Protection Plan™, an insurance product that completely protects your beneficiaries from the legal fees and expenses that arise when you pass away. Capital Legacy is also committed to protecting forever, together, and for every Legacy Protection Plan™ referral they receive from the EWT, they’ll be making a donation to the organisation. Find out more at https://www.ewt.org.za/get-involved/get-involved-leave-a-legacy/ or contact TammyB@ewt.org.za
- Youth in Limpopo speak up for rhinos
- A tribute to Jessie the Border Collie – a university graduate and a valued EWT Conservation K9…
- Earthly Eating Oct 2022
- The EWT helps the Johannesburg Stock Exchange takes steps to protect nature
- Science Snippets: Using temporary fencing to reduce roadkill on the N3 highway
- Hot on the heels of strong women working in conservation
- Careers in Conservation – Bringing conservation to life through storytelling
- Using an ethogram as a guide to understanding Hooded Vulture breeding behaviour
- Rampant poisoning poses a deadly risk to vultures in West Africa
- A conservation success story – the return of the majestic Cape Vulture