LEAVING A LEGACY
The EWT relies on bequests both large and small to ensure that we continue fulfilling our vision of a healthy planet and an equitable world that values and sustains the diversity of all life. None of us can avoid the need to have an up-to-date will, ensuring that our last wishes are carried out and our legacy is continued in the way that we would choose. Including a bequest to an organisation like the EWT that you have supported in your lifetime, or that you would have liked to support, is a way to bring meaning and purpose to a life well-lived, and know that you have left the legacy of a better planet for future generations. We assure you that your legacy will make a lasting impact to the benefit of all who inhabit our beautiful country.
Your bequest will help us to…
- Empower communities to live and work in harmony with nature
- Increase safe space for Cheetahs and Wild Dogs in South Africa and beyond
- Conserve grasslands and wetlands to secure our critical water sources
- Ensure our iconic raptors remain in the skies
- Raise awareness and create connections between young people and their natural environment through our schools programmes, developing the guardians of the future
… and so much more!
Should you choose to remember the EWT in your will, you are not only helping the EWT to secure the futures of dozens of Endangered species for years to come, but you could also be providing tax benefits to your loved ones. Section 4(h) of the Estate Duty Act determines that bequests made to public benefit organisations such as the EWT should first be deducted from the nett value of your estate before estate duty is determined. This means that remembering the EWT in your will could exempt your estate from estate duty.
We are proud to be working with Capital Legacy to make leaving a legacy even easier. With a wealth of knowledge and expertise, Capital Legacy provides you with client-centric and excellence-driven service when it comes to drafting your Will, taking care of the administration of Trusts and administering your Estate in the event of your death. Capital Legacy are also the innovators of the Legacy Protection Plan™, an insurance product that completely protects your beneficiaries from the legal fees and expenses that arise when you pass away. Capital Legacy is also committed to protecting forever, together, and for every Legacy Protection Plan™ referral they receive from the EWT, they’ll be making a donation to the organisation. Find out more at https://www.ewt.org.za/get-involved/get-involved-leave-a-legacy/ or contact TammyB@ewt.org.za
- Dr Keith Henry Cooper 1937–2020
- A word from the CEO – June 2020
- Inspiring young scientists – the EWT Conservation Science Unit in action
- Keeping us connected during COVID-19
- In memoriam: Farewell to Fury, a conservation hero (7 February 2012 – 3 June 2020)
- My journey in conservation and the road ahead
- Winter warmers
- Painting a better future for African Wild Dogs
- Biologists collaborate to teach computers to Identify dolphins
- Fostering sustainability and security for both conservation and communities in the Soutpansberg Moun…
- Alarms are ringing – is the COVID-19 pandemic a wakeup call for businesses?
- Ford Wildlife Foundation commits to conservation through ongoing support of the Endangered Wildlife …
- Science Snippet: Vessel collisions with marine animals
- Wild Chats – July
- A fond farewell
- A word from the CEO – May 2020
- The brave journey of smoke and her pack of african wild dogs
- Proactive conservation in an era of damage control
- Continuing conservation’s support for communities
- Stay safe