WOMEN’S MONTH INTERVIEW WITH HONOURABLE MINISTER BARBARA CREECY
Megan Murison, EWT Communications Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
The EWT had the privilege of chatting to the Minister of Environment, Forestry, and Fisheries, Barbara Creecy, for our Women’s Month campaign, highlighting strong female role models and the critical roles women play in building a resilient and equitable society. Honourable Minister Creecy spoke to EWT CEO Yolan Friedmann and Field Officer for the Wildlife and Energy Programme Ndzalama Chauke.
Minister Creecy was appointed to President Ramoposa’s cabinet approximately a year ago and has been working in the governmental space since 1994. Minister Creecy spoke to the impact of environmental degradation and how it is the most vulnerable communities who are most harshly impacted. Since becoming a mother, she is more conscious of and concerned by the threats facing the future of our planet.
Please see the full interview to hear the fascinating perspectives shared by one of our leading ladies.
It is necessary to highlight the profiles of women in positions of power as role models for the youth, particularly young women.
- Leaping into spring
- A word from the CEO – An interview with our leading lady, Yolan Friedmann
- Griet’s ghost and the long lost rabbit: The Lettas Kraal conservation story.
- A tribute to a true conservation hero
- Wetland buffer restoration success in the South Kiruruma Wetland, South-western Uganda
- The female of the species is deadlier than the male
- Woman of the wind
- A friend indeed
- Conservation Champions – Reza Joseph
- The EWT Forever Forest
- Leading southern African vultures further towards extinction
- Remembering David Haddon Mitchell
- Is there a place for gender in conservation?
- Wild Chats – September
- Strategic Conservation of the Pepper-bark tree in the Soutpansberg
- Science Snippets: An update on the African Lion Database
- A word from the CEO – July 2020
- Farming for the future
- A legacy of land: Papkuilsfontein Protected Environment
- World Ranger Day – a celebration of our EWT conservation canine rangers