Our vision for the future
A healthy planet and an equitable world that values and sustains the diversity of all life.
The EWT is dedicated to conserving threatened species and ecosystems in east and southern Africa to the benefit of all people.
The purpose for all we do
Protecting forever, together.
The strategy that guides us
The EWT’s Strategic Imperatives focus on three key pillars of conservation impact:
Saving species, conserving habitats, benefitting people
Our core values
Everything the EWT does is underpinned by ten core values:
These values underpin everything the EWT does. To help us keep these core values top of mind, we use the acronym “RIVER”.
- Respect: We believe in justice and equality. We are compassionate. We respect all life and each other.
- Impact: We are proactive, tenacious, and we lead by example. We protect wildlife.
- Value all life: We value nature as the foundation of human wellbeing.
- Ethical: We are ethical and accountable.
- Relationships: We recognise the value of partnerships. We develop conservationists