The EWT is a registered Trust governed in accordance with the Trust Property Control Act No. 57 of 1988, under Master’s reference number IT 6247. The Amended and Restated Deed of Trust 2014, as registered with the Master of the North Gauteng High Court in Pretoria, is the founding document of the EWT and lays out the roles and responsibilities of Trustees, the Board and the committees of the Board. EWT Trustees are not remunerated for their services and serve the EWT in a voluntary capacity.
The EWT is registered as a Non-Profit Organisation, registration number 015-502 NPO and PBO Registration No 930 001 777.
The EWT’s audited summary financial statements can be viewed in the most recent integrated report.
EWT Trustees/Board of Management
(start date in brackets)
- Dirk Ackerman – Chairman (1998; Chairman – 2010)
- Barry Ackers (2010)
- Anthony Diepenbroek (2014)
- Michael Esterhuysen (2001)
- Joanna Goeller (2006)
- Sharmila Govind (2015)
- Karin Ireton (2004)
- Abdul Mohamed (2015)
- Dr Crispian Olver (2014)
- Angela Cherrington (2015)
- Dr Veniela Pillay (2015)
- Lesego Rammusi (2015)
- Christo Reeders (2014)
- Muhammad Seedat (2015)
- Paul Smith – Treasurer (2010; Treasurer – 2011)
- Kiyasha Thambi (2015)
- Antony Wannell (2005; Vice Chair – 2018)
- Corporate Social Organisation Certificate – Socio Economic Development (SED)
- Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (B-BBEE) – B-BBEE Status: Level 4
- PROMOTION OF ACCESS TO INFORMATION ACT NO. 2 OF 2000 MANUAL click
- CONSERVATION for COMMUNITIES – Earning SED points with the Endangered Wildlife Trust – click here for pdf.