There are many simple ways to support the critical conservation work of the Endangered Wildlife Trust!
You can save the world’s most trafficked mammal!
The Endangered Wildlife Trust’s team in the Soutpansberg Mountains, led by Oldrich van Schalkwyk, received disturbing news last Saturday, 4 May 2019, that a pangolin was being offered for sale in a neighbouring village. Working with rangers from the H12Leshiba Game Reserve and the South African Police Service, a sting operation was immediately launched to rescue this trafficking victim so that it could be safely returned to its wild habitat. You can read more about this rescue, and watch the video, here.
But the fight to save this brave pangolin is not over!
Will you help to save our pangolins? Your donation will help to cover his veterinary costs, buy a tracking device, monitor him in the field for at least three months, and keep him, and other pangolins out of the illegal wildlife trade.
Become a donor
Make a once-off or regular donation to the organisation or the EWT project of your choice, and make a tangible difference to on-the-ground conservation.
You can also sign up to become a monthly debit order donor, taking all the hassle out of showing your support.
Shop for a good cause!
Visit our online store and purchase your favourite fluffy toys and EWT-branded goodies, safe in the knowledge that all proceeds go towards our conservation work.
Giving made easy
Donating is now as easy as snapping your fingers… or your phone!
Supporters can now donate to the EWT quickly and safely, using SnapScan. All you need to do is:
1. Download the SnapScan application on your smartphone
2. Register with your details – this should take no more than a few minutes
3. Scan our EWT barcode to make your donation in the amount of your choice (be sure to choose donation rather than e-shop from the dropdown menu) – you’ll be asked to enter your PIN so you know the transaction is secure
It’s as easy as one-two-three! Once you’ve made your donation via SnapScan, you’ll get an SMS confirming the transaction, and the EWT will be notified via SMS too. Supporting Conservation in Action couldn’t be simpler.
No SnapScan? No problem! Simply SMS ‘SAVE’ to 31913 to donate R15, once-off, or SMS ‘EWT’ to 31913 to make a monthly donation of R15. Protecting forever, together.
Every swipe counts!
Did you know that you can support the EWT through the MyPlanet programme? The MyPlanet fundraising programme was launched as an extension of MySchool to provide community-minded people like yourself the opportunity to support a worthy cause, such as the EWT, that is focused on the improvement and protection of the environment and animals. And it doesn’t cost you a cent!
So get your free MyPlanet card (no monthly fees, no costs to you!) and nominate the EWT as the beneficiary you wish to support. Then swipe your card at partner stores when you shop, and they will donate a percentage of your purchases on your behalf.
• If you don’t have a MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet card yet, simply apply for your free card now and select the EWT as your beneficiary. Once you start swiping your card, we’ll start receiving funds.
• If you already have a MySchool card, but would like to change your beneficiary or add a charity, simply call the Client Service Centre on 0860 100 445 or email firstname.lastname@example.org – there is no need to get a new card!
Find out more by visiting http://www.myschool.co.za/schools/myplanet