RHINO PEAK CHALLENGE
12 DECEMBER 2020
The Rhino Peak Challenge (RPC) is an annual fundraising event that has raised over R1,5m since its inception in 2015. The funds raised go towards the activities performed by Wildlife Act (WACT), Ezemvelo KZN Wildlife, and The EWT to conserve vultures, rhinos, and cranes.
The format for RPC2020 is going to be a little different from previous years, mainly as a result of COVID-19 and the delays and restrictions it has imposed. In the past, organisers Running Man Adventures (RMA) invited three groups of 12 influential people from the worlds of Conservation, Sport, Business, and Entertainment to take part in the challenge. Each person was required to source pledges from their respective networks before the event, to be fulfilled once it had taken place.
This year, however, RMA decided to open the invitation to 36 members of the broader public to be a part of the challenge, and have asked people who are interested in being an RPC Ambassador to send us motivations as to why they’d like to join the fundraising effort. A condition of their participation is that they commit to raising a minimum of R10,000. RMA, WACT, and The EWT have each secured their 12 ambassadors, and they are all set to take on the challenge next week Saturday.
- A word from the CEO
- It’s a matter of pride
- A prickly situation
- Conserving cranes and communities
- Coffee with a conservation conscience
- Working with wildlife: Some snapshots of 2020
- In case you missed it
- 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐬: The EWT’s Integrated Report for 2020
- Legacies for life
- For peat’s sake – finding fodder in Rwanda’s Rugezi Marsh
- Finding fairies where biomes collide
- Selfie and scarper: the over-tourism dilemma
- Conservation Champion: Daleen Roodt
- Painting Pangolins and Wild Dogs for Conservation
- A global network of roads researchers – where to from here?
- Leave a Legacy for Life: Wills Week 2020
- Some of our fascinating science saturday posts
- Guardians Of The Future
- Golf Day