Each month, we will be bringing you delicious, nutritious, and eco-friendly recipes that our staff members love!
This month’s Earthly Eating recipe is a quick, easy, and healthy Creamy Courgette Lasagne from Dr Tina Hiller, who says: “It is super tasty and easy to make – can highly recommend it.”
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cook: 20 mins
9 dried lasagne sheets
1 tbsp sunflower oil
1 onion, finely chopped
700g courgette (about 6), coarsely grated
2 garlic cloves, crushed
250g tub ricotta
350g jar tomato sauce for pasta
Heat oven to 220 C/fan 200 C/gas 7. Put a pan of water on to boil, then cook the lasagne sheets for about 5 mins until softened but not cooked through. Rinse in cold water, then drizzle with a little oil to stop them from sticking together.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan, then fry the onion. After 3 mins, add the courgettes and garlic and continue to fry until the courgette has softened and turned bright green. Stir in 2/3 of the ricotta and the cheddar, then season to taste. Heat the tomato sauce in the microwave for 2 mins on High until hot.
Layer up the lasagne in a large baking dish, starting with half the courgette mix, then the pasta, and the tomato sauce. Repeat, top with blobs of the remaining ricotta and scatter the rest of the cheddar across the top. Bake on the top shelf for about 10 mins until the pasta is tender and the cheese is golden.
- Hot on the heels of strong women working in conservation
- Careers in Conservation – Bringing conservation to life through storytelling
- Using an ethogram as a guide to understanding Hooded Vulture breeding behaviour
- Rampant poisoning poses a deadly risk to vultures in West Africa
- A conservation success story – the return of the majestic Cape Vulture
- Looking for Lions
- Spotted on the Road
- Combatting climate change and crane-crop damage
- Where Frogs Flourish
- Integrated Farming the missing piece for communal farmers